Monday, May 24, 2010

So Stinkin' Cute!

A lot of parents think their child is smart. Some have proof while others just think it. Well, I'm proud to say that we have proof that Preston is smart....and so stinkin' cute! He is really into helping right now, "helping" with the dishes and laundry. Last week, after watching me load and unload the dishwasher several times in the past month, Preston proudly took out his blue plastic plate that he has his afternoon snack on. He held it up as if to proclaim, "Look Mom! I'm helping you." Then he placed it back, perfectly might I add, in the place where he had retrieved it.

He's not really into TV (Thank goodness!) but he has a Baby Praise video that he likes to glance at while he's playing. It has music in the background while kids and animals play on screen. This morning I turned it on and he crawled into my lap for snuggle time. He sat through 3 worship songs, laughing at the appropriate times, doing the sign for doggy when one came on the screen and pointing when other animals appeared. It was so stinkin' cute and I was a little sad when he decided he had had enough and went off to play again.

This afternoon he was fussing a bit so I opened the dryer, knowing that always cheers him up. He usually pulls out pieces of smaller clothing and then drops them on the floor while I fold clothes. I went in the room to put away the clean laundry. When I returned he had crawled over to his pair of socks that I had just taken off him and put them in the dryer. When I walked back in the room he took the socks out and proudly held them up, showing me he had helped do his part. I love that he's such a sponge, learning new things every day. I also love that he's so stinkin' cute when he's showing off all the new things he's learned!

No comments: