Sunday, May 2, 2010

My Favorite Part

Last week I entered a Mother's Day contest on a website called MomsLikeMe. To enter you had to write what your favorite part of being a mom is. This is my entry:
"My favorite part is taking my lil man (10 mos old) on hikes. I put him in the backpack and he "talks" the whole time, telling me about things he sees. He squeals with excitement every time we see an animal or the wind blows through his hair. I love it!"
I didn't think much about it...until today. I always buy the Sunday paper for the coupons but I rarely read much of it. One section I glance at is the one that coincides with the website. Today I was surprised when I opened that section of the paper and saw my entry quote. It doesn't mean I won but it was certainly nice to see SOMETHING I wrote in print, even if I didn't get a dime for it.

No comments: