Monday, May 2, 2011

Many Thoughts...........

I was just going to write about P but I have other things to add as well so it'll be yet another hodge podge of thoughts. First, I'd like to start off with the most philosophical and controversial thought....Osama bin Laden. Rob and I were talking about it a lot last night and again this morning. I have VERY mixed feelings about his death. Since it's Obama in office I'd like to have proof that it really was bin Laden. As Rob pointed out, many will have questions so they're (whoever that may be) is bound to have proof it was him soon enough. I'm also worried about innocent people around the world as al Quida (sp?) retaliates. I think I'm more worried now than I was before. Osama was a smart man and I'm sure he had quite a plan laid out for this kind of situation. He was one man, and yes, he created a lot of heartache. He cruelly took innocent lives and left kids without parents. I am happy that he is no longer a threat. But, it bothers me to see so many people going overboard with celebration. It must be similar to how al Quida celebrated after 9/11, whooping and hollering, celebrating late into the night. The whole thing is just troublesome to me and I've followed a lot of "conversations" on FB, realizing several people have the same thoughts as me.

OK, enough of that because I could probably write several pages on my thoughts if I gave myself that freedom. But, alas, it's time to move on. As I blogged last week, I was struggling to get out of a funk. I think I may have turned the corner for the better yesterday. P and I spent the morning with good friends. We both had a lot of fun hanging out with people our own age. Then I took P home and he hung out with the babysitter while Rob and I golfed. We didn't enjoy the game like we usually do because the golf police were on our tail the entire round but it was nice to spend some time together, enjoying the beautiful weather. By the time P goes to bed at night we're so tired that we just veg. Time with Rob yesterday was just what I wanted and needed. Today it's gorgeous outside. P and I ran errands this morning and then we spent some time outside. After he wakes up from his nap, I'm sure we'll go back outside. Then tonight I'm going to BBQ burgers, cook corn on the cob and have strawberry shortcake for dessert. Spring is in the air!

My last thoughts are on my favorite subject.......our son! He is moving into the Terrible 2s, a phase that can frustrate me and make me laugh, sometimes simultaneously. His latest thing is to feed Ruby whatever he can get his hands on. He grabs something out of the pantry then hides under the dining table. That must be his secret code for her to meet him there because she comes running and hides there with him. The other day he gave her 2, yes 2, boxes of crackers before I could catch them. He just closed his eyes and gave me the cheesiest smile when I went to discipline him. I moved all the snacks to the top shelf of the pantry, or so I thought. When I got out of the shower this morning Ruby was feasting on gourmet entertainment crackers. UGH! Yesterday I was getting P ready for a friend's first communion. I told him that his little girlfriend would be there and she'd probably say, "Ooh baby, you look good." Leave it to P to run to the mirror, look at himself and say, "Ooh baby!". This morning he was singing quite a song. I don't know if he was worried about his singing voice or messing up the words (I had no clue as to what he was singing so he could've said anything) but as soon as he realized I was listening he stopped and got shy. I have honestly loved every phase of his little life. I think, "Oh, this one is my favorite" and then we move into the next one and I think the same thing all over again. He is just so much fun and it amazes us that he is so smart!

So, there you have it....all my thoughts for this sunny afternoon. Please remember that these are MY thoughts so, although I hope you're not offended by my comments on bin Laden, I am free to think as I want to. Enjoy the rest of your day and I hope you're enjoying the same beautiful weather we are here in Nevada!

No comments: