Sunday, January 4, 2009

Back home



After leaving over two weeks ago, we are back home safe and sound. Going on a trip is exhausting! It seems like it will never get here and when it does there is so much anticipation. But, when it's over all there is left are the memories, unpacking, laundry and the "real world".
The trip back didn't seem as long as the trip there. We made it in 39 hours, only stopping at one truck stop to sleep for a few hours. I had tried to take over the driving when Rob got tired but at one point it was too much. I was cramping from the pregnancy and near tears. Rob, being the sweet protective husband that he is, tried to find us a hotel room. But, to our dismay, there were only 2 rooms in all of Santa Rosa, NM and both were smoking rooms. So, we pulled into the truck stop, rearranged Holly (Rob's yellow lab) in the front seat, and I sprawled out in the back. We slept for 3 hours then got back on the road.
Come to find out we live in a beautiful country. I loved the mountains of New Mexico and sunsets in Texas. It was nice to see things I hadn't seen before, but I can honestly say I have never been so happy to get out of a car as I had been last night when we pulled up to our house! Although I enjoyed traveling cross country, I don't plan on making that long of a car trip....EVER again!

No comments: