Saturday, January 31, 2009

Bootcamp Continues

The weather is so nice today that I thought I'd step it up a notch, taking the dogs for a hike instead of just a walk. I don't believe in the philosophy of eating for two but I think there has to be some philosophy pertaining to exercising for two. The dogs had fun exploring the back woods of our neighborhood while I struggled to keep up. Roxy is a spry thing so she was running laps around me and Holly, barely breathing hard. I was impressed with how well Holly did though. She is losing weight, which shows on our walks/hikes. We had one very steep hill to climb at the end and I had to keep calling the dogs back to stay at my pace (which was that of a turtle!). Finally Holly just stayed by my side until we got to the top because I honestly believe she didn't think I'd make it. Once we got to the top we were almost home. But, instead of climbing up one more steep hill, I opted for the longer flatter route. Now that we're home we're all resting. But, I'm sure we'll be back out again before the sun goes down! It's too beautiful of a day to be cooped up inside, "resting".

No comments: