Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Breaking the "Rules"

Rob laughs at me because he says I have become an "expert" now that I'm pregnant. In a way I guess I have as I have read a lot of literature on pregnancy lately. I can tell you the do's and don'ts, what part of the baby is developing right now, what symptoms I can expect next...you get my point. I have been so careful to follow all the guidelines to keep the baby as healthy as possible. However, yesterday, I got fed up with some of the guidelines. I started thinking that 9 months is a long time to deprive myself of things I enjoy. So, I stopped and placed a sushi order on my way home from work (I didn't, however, get raw fish). I had been craving it for so long. Sadly, after building up my excitement all the way to the restaurant, it wasn't as good as I had hoped. Then I decided to induldge in a warm bath. But, that too didn't work because I couldn't stay warm and I was afraid to add too much hot water. I know both things I did are debatable among pregnant women and their doctors, but I couldn't resist. The great thing? I didn't feel guilty about it in the least. With Rob being out of town for work, I am trying to make my time alone as comfortable as possible. So, that's what worked for me. I topped off my rule breaking this morning with a big decaf coffee. I know that any woman reading this that has had a child is laughing but I honestly felt guilty the last time I drank half a cup of coffee at deer camp to warm up. But, like I said, 9 months is a long time to go without on some things....AND, you only live once so might as well enjoy the little things in life along the way!

No comments: