Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Walk in the Snow




I got home before the sun had set and Rob was working late so I decided to take the dogs for a walk. They have become fast friends, only having "spats" once in awhile. They play fetch together, rest next to each other, wrestle with Rob together, watch after us together. But, their favorite thing to do is explore the neighborhood together. So, we went out for some much needed exercise and, needless to say, they had a blast. Roxy tried to eat the snow and had a white snout. Holly jumped through the snow like a rabbit. Both had a blast!
I joke with Rob that Holly is at the Herrington bootcamp because I walk her (and Roxy) so much and really limit the doggie treats. But, it's paying off. When we walked up the hill today (which was not my choice but a loose dog forced us onto the "hard route"), I was the one that needed to stop and rest instead of Holly. The first time we went up that hill Holly literally leaned on me most of the way up. Once we got up the hill and back home today, though, she even had enough energy to play fetch. That being said, she has been sleeping ever since we came in. But, we all had fun and enjoyed the snow filled walk we needed.

No comments: