Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Baby Bawling

Rob took his parents to the petroglyphs this evening. I opted to stay home in hopes of getting things done around the house and rest. As soon as everyone left I put Preston down with the intent of getting things done around the house. Before long he was "wailing" as I like to call it. I chalked it up to him being held so much this week so I let him cry. Soon it became louder and more desperate. So, I went in to check on him and he was really warm. After taking his temp (which he loved I'm sure) I discovered he had a fever of 100.7. So I stripped him down and ran a cool wash cloth over his body a few times. I laid next to him in our bed because it was cooler in there than anywhere else upstairs. Unfortunately, that didn't calm him down either. His fever broke but he was still fussy. After he cooled off a bit, I held him to provide him some comfort. It stopped the crying but didn't get him to sleep. He missed his afternoon/evening nap so he is sound to sleep on his Mimi's shoulder right now. I didn't get much done around the house as hoped but Preston takes precedence over a spotless house any day of the week.

No comments: