Sunday, August 9, 2009

Missing Grandmas


MISSING: Mimi and Grandma Herms
REWARD: Lots of snuggles from Preston

When both grandmas were here for their visits I relied on them heavily, especially during the early morning hours. Both grandmas would hold Preston, snuggling and having special time with him. During that time, I was able to get a few hours of solid sleep. Yesterday Preston was awake quite a bit so I was looking forward to a good night sleep. However, the night did not go as I had planned. He slept until 1am but then we were awake most of the night after that. He fell asleep while feeding so I put him in his cradle. An hour later he woke up hungry. When I fed him he ate too much and started spitting up all over his hair and cradle. Then I discovered that Huggies is not our brand of choice for Preston. Every time he had a dirty diaper it leaked through to his PJs. I think I changed his PJs 3 times last night and his cradle sheet once. By 5am his sheets were soaked and I didn't have any other clean one. Usually this is the magic time that he starts his "Grandma Bonding". However, there was no grandma/mimi to be found in the house so I brought him to bed with us. He slept for a couple hours, keeping me a awake however with his kicking and farting only like a man can. That meant I didn't get my coveted sleep. So, if you see Preston's grandmas please let them know that their reward can be claimed at Morgan Rd. He and I would both really appreciate it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to be there and have our special bonding time. We both enjoyed it very much!!! Mom