Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Lot of Nothin'

Wish I had stuff to write but I'm still overwhelmed with this mommy business. I took Preston to Sacramento earlier this week for a funeral. He slept in his pack-n-play like a big boy when we stayed the night at my parents'. He also won the hearts of many that met him while we were there. He even left his "scent" on one of my friends when he projectile pooped all over her and the sidewalk underneath him. Once we got back, he had a hard night and cried a lot this morning (and no he doesn't have a fever- that seems to be the common question when I say he's been crying.)
I've heard how much per hour stay-at-home moms would make if they got a paycheck and it'd be cents if I remember correctly. Sometimes I wonder what I got myself into not having a job outside of the home. I'm already having a hard time not having adult conversation. I run errands just so I can see other adults and get out of the house. I guess my real paycheck is the thing that doesn't have a monetary value, such as witnessing Preston's first non-gaseous, bonefied smile yesterday. He was in his swing and started smiling. It absolutely melted my heart to see him happy enough to smile. Today he was a fussy gus so I only got one smile, but I'll take what I can get. It's the little things that make the long sleepless nights and fussy mornings worth it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe he's missing his grandma and grandpa. We know we sure miss him. Mom and Dad