Monday, August 24, 2009

Great day!

As bad as yesterday (Preston was fussy most of the day and nothing would settle him down) was is how good today has been! Preston had a great night last night, only waking up at 2am to eat. Unlike yesterday, he took his morning and afternoon nap. Since I got about 5 hours of sleep last night I didn't nap with him today. Instead I was able to get some housework done. In between his naps he would talk and smile. The only time he got a little fussy is when I took him to my old school to see everyone. As soon as we left the school he quieted down. Guess that was his way of saying he doesn't want to be a teacher or principal! After we left the school I took him for a walk in his stroller around the lake. He liked his walk so much the other night I figured he'd be awake, looking at everything. Instead he fell asleep halfway around the lake. That's okay because he went to a babysitter for the first time ever this afternoon while I went to the dentist. I was a nervous wreck, hoping and praying he'd be good for our friend that was watching him. I didn't need to be nervous because when I got there she said he'd slept the entire time. Rob got home with a hilarious card and a dozen roses for me, which put a HUGE smile on my face! Now Preston is laying on his activity mat, talking away and as happy as can be. Today has been a GREAT day in every way possible!

No comments: