Sunday, August 30, 2009

preston

early one hot morning in july
my wife woke me up and said that its time
i grabbed my clothes and threw them on quick
i was quite nervous i must admit
we headed down the hill as quick as we can
those whove ridden with me will understand
we got to st marys in record time
hoping this was the day id meet this boy of mine
well after 45 minutes of pushing he was here
that amazing miracle we hold so dear
6lbs and 8 ounces and 20 inches long
one look at him and my heart was gone
its been 8 weeks now since our miracle arrived
and ive never known a stronger sense of pride
hes started smiling and coming into his own
and to him forever my heart will belong
it aint all easy, dont get me wrong
but nothing is as rewarding as holding on of your own
someday well look back and wish he was still here
keeping us up at night crying his tears
but until then well treasure each day
we get to spend with the miracle God made

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said, a true miracle he is; one of God's richest blessings...not just to you but to the rest of us too! Love, Mom