Monday, August 17, 2009

A World of Difference!

I was wide awake at 3am last night. Not because Preston was awake but because I am not used to getting so much sleep. Three inventions that have changed my life for the better: Angelcare monitor, Pack n Play, Baby Bjorn. In fact, if I knew who invented them I'd send them flowers and a thank you card. The Angelcare monitor is great (except that I notoriously forget to turn it off so it starts beeping REALLY loud in the middle of the night...every night!). It sensors Preston's breathing and movement and will go off if there is a problem. It has given me such a peace of mind that when Preston goes to sleep I don't lay there, watching to make sure he's moving/breathing. The other greatest invention for nighttime is the Pack n Play. We were using a cradle but the other night Preston let out a scream at 2am. I quickly got up, only to find him tilted and up against the bumper, not able to move away from it. It freaked me out and I took it out of the room the next day! We now use the Pack n Play and it has made a world of difference. He sleeps so much better...and for longer periods of time. These two inventions have helped me get more sleep in the past 4 days than I've gotten since Preston's been born. The last invention is a daytime invention. Rob and I try not to hold Preston too much during the day (at night he gets held more due to tummy problems from his medicine....and because he's extra snuggly at night!). Yesterday I had to get things done because we had 6 people coming over for dinner. Rob was taking a much needed nap and I was determined to do things around the house, even though Preston was wide awake. So, I tentatively strapped him into the Baby Bjorn and wa-lah! I had my hands free to get things done and he was a happy camper. I'm tellin' ya- there are things out there that make life with a baby so much easier!! If you know who invented these items let me know. I owe them flowers and a thank you card for helping us out!

No comments: