Sunday, August 23, 2009

Boy Bonding

Preston has become quite the daddy's boy. He'll be fussy with me, but as soon as Rob is around Preston is all smiles. Recently Preston started smiling and "talking". Tonight I was in the bedroom so Rob brought Preston in for family time away from the TV. As soon as he laid Preston on the bed, he flailed his arms and started "talking". Soon his eyes got as big as saucers. Rob translated the story for me to enjoy. It went like this.... "There was this big shark and I was swimming away from it. It made me so scared. (At this point Preston dirtied his diaper). In fact it made me so scared I pooped my pants. (At this point Preston stops flailing his arms and smiles). I made it to the beach and I was happy. (Preston started smacking his lips). And I was worn out." I was laughing so hard by the end because both boys were really into the story. Then Rob started singing and Preston was bobbing his head to the beat, smiling and trying to sing along. To top it all off, Rob grabbed Preston's nose. Preston turned around and grabbed Rob's nose....but started squeezing it really hard. Both boys were making me laugh. I love their father/son bonding time each night. Now it's bedtime so Preston is falling asleep on daddy's chest, all the while pulling his chest hair! (Another favorite pasttime of Preston's)

No comments: