Saturday, August 22, 2009

On the Road Again

Preston and I became "world travelers" this week. We drove to Winnemucca, Elko and to Sacramento all within a few days. Doing long road trips makes me realize even more how blessed we are to have such a great baby. He slept most of the drives and when he was awake he would just look around. I did find out during these trips that country music calms him down and R&B/ rap gets him aggitated. (He's destined to be a cowboy like his daddy!) I'm sure he is getting sick of his car seat though. When in Sacramento, my parents and I took him for a walk in his stroller. Instead of putting him in his car seat we just strapped him into his stroller like a big boy. He absolutely loved it! He enjoyed looking at the trees and sky, getting fussy just for a minute when the wind got too strong. As much as I enjoyed visiting Rob, seeing my parents and catching up with friends in Sacto. it was really nice to be back home. I'm glad to be back together as a family and pray that Rob doesn't have to go back out of town anytime soon. If he does, at least we know Preston can handle the car ride to go see him.

1 comment:

Mom said...

We're certainly glad you came our way. We had a great time and miss you both very much. Love, Mom and Dad