Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Mucc

Rob is in Winnemucca for work so Preston and I drove there to be with him last night. We got there then turned around, got in the car and left to go to Elko for dinner. It was a beautiful two hour drive and I got to see parts of NV that I've never seen. All in all Preston and I were in the car for 8 hours, of which 7 hours Preston was asleep. He was awake while Rob and I tried to enjoy a basque dinner with our friend Paul. Once we got back to Rob's hotel it was about 11pm. At this point Preston decided he was going to have a one man slumber party. Since I was the chaperon I got to be part of the fun as well. We pulled an all nighter, me quietly begging him to go to sleep while Rob got some much needed ZZZZZs. Preston spent it passing gas. Whoever said baby farts don't stink has never been around our son. I had mistankingly left his swaddle blanket at home so every time he'd fall asleep, he'd pass gas and would startle himself awake. If I wasn't so tired I would've found the situaion hilarious. But I was exhausted so I didn't appreciate our unscheduled smelly all nighter! Luckily, after Rob left for work this morning I was able to sleep for about 2 hours while Preston took a nap as well. Once he got up I got ready to hit the "town". While I got ready, Preston discovered full length mirrors and LOVED laying there looking around. I ate breakfast at our friend's family's restaurant then walked around downtown. I wanted to stay until Rob got off work so we could spend more time together, but since he had got off late yesterday I didn't know what time he would get done today. So, Preston and I hit the road and had a nice drive back to Reno. Now I get to repack to head to Sacto for a short visit.

No comments: