Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Burrito, A Hat and A Busted Nose

You would think I'd learn my lesson, but I'm a slow learner sometimes. So, I gave into temptation....and paid the price! I broke down and got a burrito for lunch, even though I knew it was a mistake. As soon as I swallowed the last bite I honestly regretted it. Shortly after Preston nursed he started passing gas. Not just baby gas, but manly, stink-up-the-house gas. After our afternoon nap, I figured I'd take him for a walk to get some fresh air (literally). My body heat helps when his stomach is upset so I strapped him in the Baby Bjorn and headed out. My mom had made a little denim hat for him to wear when we go for walks or when he goes fishing with one of his grandpas someday. I tried putting it on him to block the sun and he was not a fan. As soon as I took it off he stopped crying. When it went on the crying began again. (I figure it's the same as putting bows in little girls' hair) So, I used it to shield his eyes, which he still wasn't a fan of but he tolerated it. At one point he had his head back because he either wanted to see he sky or he was adjusting to get the sun out of his eyes. As I was putting my hand up to make sure I gave his head support he crashed it against my collarbone. It hurt me so I wasn't surprised that he cried a little. I knew he didn't have a busted nose but wondered how many babies get them from doing what Preston did. The smelliness subsided by the time we got home so I guess the fresh air helped. But, I don't plan to eat another burrito until I'm done nursing, no matter how hard it is to refrain!

No comments: