Wednesday, September 9, 2009

One of Those Days...

Are you ever convinced that someone is secretly filming you for "Candid Camera" because everything can't be that wacky in one day? Well, that sums up my day in a nutshell. It started out like any other day...Preston smiling and cooing and enjoying life. Then the real fun began when I took him to Walmart. Some carts are made for carseats, some aren't. In case you're wondering, the ones at Walmart are not made for carseats. Usually I put the entire carseat in the basket part and pile everything up around him. But since I was only planning on grabbing a couple things I figured I'd chance it. WRONG CHOICE! Preston had just fallen asleep when out of nowhere the carseat slipped. It didn't do any physical harm but it startled him big time. The poor guy started screaming at the top of his lungs. I think it's "funny" that people keep talking to you like there isn't a screaming baby right there. Once I was able to get away from the photo dept lady I tried to calm him down. I wasn't successful with calming him down so I took his carseat out of the cart. Then I walked through Walmart, carrying a carseat in one hand and pushing a cart with the other hand. Needless to say, I didn't finish my shopping. When we got home I was going to put Preston down for a nap. On the way to our room he projectile vomitted all over me, himself and the carpet. That was a first so he wanted to make it one for the books. He decided he didn't want to take a nap at that point so I put him in his bouncy chair to get a break. I had just sat down with a cup of coffee and the computer, ready to relax for a few minutes. I glanced over to see him smiling and cooing....with poop all over himself and his chair. Now let me stop here to let you in on a secret about Preston: He has a poopy diaper EVERY time we change it. Today, for whatever reason, he hadn't pooped at all. Well, he sure made up for it with this one diaper. It took 5 wipes to clean up...a record! At this point I knew enjoying a cup of hot coffee and a few minutes to myself was out of the question. So, I put Preston down for a nap. I was so wiped out that I fell asleep with him on my stomach. When we woke up a couple hours later he was fussy. He hasn't been fussy in the evening for a few days so we were doing what we could to get him calmed down. Since Rob had to help with our A/C that we are having installed, I was on my own for calming Preston down. I finally got him calmed down and was relaxing, watching the dogs play in the living room. All of a sudden Duke caught his reflection in the window and started barking. So, the circus began again......... I love being a stay-at-home but you will never hear me say it's easy. I'm still waiting for someone to pop out, saying we were on "Candid Camera", especially since the smoke detectors have started going off as I write this, but I think when it's all said and done it was just one of those wacky days!

No comments: