Sunday, September 6, 2009

Everyday


Everyday Preston wins my heart in some way, shape or form. Yesterday he was being a "fussy gus" but during one of the rare times he wasn't crying he was being cute. I had given the dogs a bath and let them in the house. They were wrestling and Preston was sitting there smiling and cooing the entire time. Both dogs were being great with him but Holly was especially good. She came over and licked his foot and he let out a happy scream. Last night he didn't get much sleep but he woke up a happy guy. I had him in his chair this morning while I was in the kitchen and Holly was laying by him. He was "talking" up a storm, most likely having a private conversation with Holly.
I didn't want a repeat of yesterday so I put him down for his morning nap. I've gotten in the habit of laying with him in our bed until he falls asleep. This morning I was laying there with my eyes closed. Every time I would open my eyes he'd close his really fast (the way toddlers do when they're trying to trick you into thinking they're asleep). Then he kept grabbing at me as he was falling asleep. I guess he wanted to know that his mommy was there so it was okay to go to sleep. He is so stinkin' cute and makes me smile at some point every day.

No comments: