Friday, September 9, 2011

Forever Long

I am blessed to work part time, spending the majority of my days caring for P and our home. It's weeks like this that remind me of my blessings! I only worked 2 days this week but, due to lack of sleep, it seemed like my work week was forever long. Last night I deceptively thought P would sleep through the night. Rob was watching the Packers game and was teaching him the fundamentals of the game. P would "go fast, fast, fast" then Rob would "packer" (ie tackle) him. They did this for about an hour, long enough to wear out a lil man. He went right to sleep at bedtime and I, foolishly, thought for the night. Wrong! He woke up twice during the night and was up for the day a little before 5:30AM. I had bought him this nightlight a few nights ago that illuminates fish on his ceiling. I told him he couldn't come to our room if he could see the fish picture. As brilliant as the plan sounds, it failed. He realized he could come to our room any time he wants...and by golly he does. So, thankfully I only had to work 2 days and thankfully they were fairly easy. It makes tiresome weeks like this one ok because it makes me appreciate my blessings that much more!

No comments: