Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Recap

The past few days have been full of drama, decisions, doctors and a date. Sunday morning I was in the shower when I heard a snarl followed by a scream. Soon P was pulling back the shower curtain, crying that Holly Girl hurt him. I don't know exactly what happened but I'm guessing that P came up from behind her and it scared and/or hurt her, at which point she snapped at him. The bite was more superficial than anything and scared P more than actually hurt him I'm sure. Needless to say, I was going to postpone a birthday brunch for a friend because he was so traumatized and wanted his mama. But, it worked out for me to go when Rob got off work much earlier than usual. He took P and I was able to enjoy some girlfriend time for my friend's 40th.
When I got home Rob and I had to decide what to do about Holly. We talked about several options and decided to try to find her a good home that doesn't have young children. But yesterday we decided that no one will probably want her because of her age and health problems. So for the time being we will keep her as an outdoor dog, only letting her in the house once P goes to bed at night. Once Winter comes we'll face the next decision about what to do with her. But for now we're happy to keep her as part of the family since neither of us could handle parting with her.
Sunday afternoon my parents came to town to hang out with P while Rob and I enjoyed a date night. We used a gift certificate and enjoyed a delicious dinner at Outback. Then we went to the Gary Allan concert. Rob had me laughing because before the show started he was saying he hoped that the CONCERT wasn't too loud and that people didn't yell too much. I tease him that he's the oldest 35 year old I know! The concert was decent but it wasn't one that I was wowed with. The artist had lost his wife to suicide so a couple of his songs, coupled with the fact that it was 9/11, were pretty sad. But overall we had a fun date night and were happy to take a break from being parents and enjoy being a married couple!
Yesterday I actually got to spend time with my folks, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Lately when they've watched P we've made the switch then I've left with P and they've gone their way. But yesterday we took P to gymnastics together then went to Scheels and lunch. After spending a nice morning with them and saying goodbye, P started screaming and holding his ear. He finally cried himself to sleep, all the while telling me his ear hurt. Once he woke up from a short lived nap I took him to see the doctor. It turns out his ear was hurting because he has the start of an ear infection. So, surprise, surprise P is on antibiotics once again. I spent the afternoon doing a doctor's visit and a pharmacy stop so by the time I got home I was worn out...without getting much done that I had planned to do. But, P is on the mend so some days I need to learn to be more flexible.
Today will be a day of cleaning, groceries and errands in anticipation of a visit from Rob's parents. Then it's my "long" work week so if you don't see a blog for awhile that is why.

No comments: