Thursday, September 29, 2011

Bored to Death

For the past 2 weeks I've felt that I've been working a full time job. I still leave at 3:30 but I go in early and take a ton of work home each night. I didn't do a job share to take on 70% of the work, which is what I feel I've been doing lately. Between calling parents, setting up conferences, filling in data spreadsheets, doing student comments, entering and posting (and reposting and reposting again) grades I've felt more like a teacher than a mom. I'm not ok with that because being a wife and mother is always my TOP priority. But today was the deadline, the end of the grading period. I have everything in that needs to be in and the rest can wait until next quarter. It hasn't hit me yet that I don't need to do any school now for 3 weeks. Next week we have parent conferences, which is a chill work week. Then we're off for our 2 week Fall break.
On top of not having any work to do I'm also being a bachlorette tonight. No hubby, no good TV, no work, no book to start. I could clean if I really felt motivated but I don't. I guess I should relish the fact that I don't have any piles of work to take care of because that was getting old...fast. So I'll sit and be bored because I'm tomorrow will be hectic all over again and I'll be wishing I was sitting at home, bored.

No comments: