Thursday, September 1, 2011

Special Dates

My lil man and I do a lot of fun things together, especially on days I don't work. He's at an age where he soaks up everything and I love to expose him to different things in life. Even though we do a lot, our favorite thing is our frozen yogurt dates once a week. We usually go the first day he's at school for that week because it's his longest day and I feel he needs that special 1:1 time after school. I pick him up with anticipation, knowing he's going to ask to get a big treat. Then we make our way to one of 2 shops we frequent. But, no matter where we end up, his order is always the same.....vanilla frozen yogurt topped with M&Ms. I use this time to teach him colors. He asks for the Thomas M&Ms and I tell him they're blue. He asks for Percy and tell him that's green. After filling our punch card at Yogurt Beach he still hasn't mastered his colors. But that's ok because it means more frozen yogurt dates in our future. Oh, how I love those special after school dates with my lil man!

No comments: