Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Life With a Newborn

Rob and I have been trying to get pregnant for a year now. Some days I'm frustrated it's not happening and other days I'm thankful we don't have a second child at the moment. Today is one of those days I'm thankful that we only have 1 child to demand our attention. For the past week and a half P has woken up 1-3 times a night, coming into our room and waking me up. Once I gave in and let him sleep with us because I was too tired to take him back to his room but every other time I get up with him, carry him to his bed and tell him he can't get up til the sun wakes up. Last night was the worst and I have a feeling I'll be reeling all day as I did when P was a newborn. P woke me up 3 times within 45 minutes last night. Once he finally stayed in his own bed I couldn't sleep because of the moths in our room. I fell asleep just in time to be woken up by Rob's alarm. Then I got a few more minutes of shut eye before P woke me up at 5:15, ready to start the day. I've put a nightlight in his room to no avail and I'm encouraged to hear that this is a common phase for toddlers. I'm just hoping this phase passes soon because this lack-of-sleep-like-having-a-newborn phase is taking its toll on me! ZZZZZZZZ..............

No comments: