Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Heart of Gold

The duck is to P's right but you can't see it in the shadows of the tree.
 
Being a parent is one of the biggest blessings in the world! And it's one that we don't take for granted in the least. But, being biased, I think we have the sweetest, most amazing kid in the world. Rob and I are constantly impressed with P. One thing that amazes me is the empathy that our 3 year old possesses. This morning is a perfect example. I took him to the park with a couple of his buddies so we could feed the birds. One duck limped out from under a tree to see what all the commotion was about. I explained to P that the duck had a hurt foot so P promptly left the flock of birds, went over to it and started feeding it all of the bread he had. When he saw that the duck couldn't come out any further, P climbed under the tree to hand feed it. I overheard him say, "I'm sorry you hurt your foot. My bread will make you feel better." in the sweetest, most compassionate voice. He melts my heart every day!! I am so proud to be his mama and hope that his little brother can be at least half the kid P is!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I've always said he is one sweet soul! Mom