Sunday, August 12, 2012

Fabulous End!


I've gotten to where Sundays are my favorite day of the week. It's the day I slow down and just enjoy life. Today was no exception. After church and a quick trip to Walmart this morning, we drove out to drop off Rob's antelope meat to be processed. When we got back to the house my intent was to read while P napped but I was more tired than I originally thought because I, too, took a short nap. Upon waking we saw dark clouds heading our way.
I've loved Summer storms since moving to NV but I really like them this Summer because it means the house cools down a few degrees. Rob cut up his antelope loin and threw it on the grill for dinner. I've heard mixed reviews about antelope meat so I was hesitant to try it but I really liked it! Rob, never having cooked antelope before, overseasoned it a bit so the meat was salty but other than that it was delicious! While enjoying dinner, the rain began. I quickly tossed the dishes in the sink for later and took P outside to enjoy the rain, thunder and lightning. Life is too short to sit inside while it rains so we splashed, ran around and oohed and aahed over the lightning strikes. To top off the night we watched one of our favorite shows, "Army Wives". It was a fabulous end to an equally fabulous weekend!

No comments: