Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Failed Artist?

As parents, I feel like Rob and I have exposed P to many things in his early life....travel, a variety of animals, nature, photography, hunting, sports (OK maybe just baseball and NASCAR at this point), books.....but one thing I feel like I haven't exposed him to in the least is the artistic side of life. When I've taken him to community play rooms in the past few weeks he takes an interest in dressing up like a dragon or playing with dinosaur puppets. Every year I say, "This Winter I'll make more time for arts and crafts and "dress up"" but I never do because I hate the mess it causes. Do I want him to be a flamboyant artist when he grows up? Not particularly but I want to expose him to everything possible so he can make an educated choice when he gets to adulthood. So my over-halfway-done-with-the-year resolution is to provide him with more opportunities to do artsy/craftsy kinds of things. And, yes, we will take him to an UNR football game and monster truck races, etc to balance it all out. But, like I said, I want to expose our young son to as many opportunities as possible!

No comments: