Wednesday, August 1, 2012

So Proud!

As a parent I feel the 2 most important jobs I have are to teach P everything that I can and to teach him wrong from right. Doing that means shielding him from evil on TV, monitoring his friendships, taking him to church regularly and instilling the morals and values I find important. Sometimes I wonder if I'm doing a good job or not, but know that regardless I have to answer for my parenting when I reach eternity. That being said, it's always nice to receive praise here on Earth. For the past 2 days, P's preschool teacher has stopped me and Rob to brag about him to us. We think he's close to perfect but to hear it from his teachers just makes me stand a little taller and prouder. Yesterday she told us that she was impressed with his letter recognition. She said that he's one of a few that recognizes the letters when the class plays Alphabet Bingo. Today she stopped Rob to tell him that it's rare to meet a 3 year old with such good manners. She said that he was trying to use the sink but a little boy was in the way so he politely said, "Excuse me. I need to use the sink." When the boy moved aside he thanked the little boy. Although we think he's smart and polite at home, it's nice to know he demonstrates the same skills out in public. He makes us so proud in every way possible!

1 comment:

Mom said...

He's one of a kind and a very precious soul! Mom