Monday, August 6, 2012

Monday Morning Vent

I was told a few years ago about all the negativity that comes with a job share, that it's like a marriage. Sometimes it's great and sometimes you're put with a partner that you don't mesh well with. After a couple years with an awesome job share partner, we had to part ways in June (She was having her 3rd baby and desperately wanted to be a SAHM). Yes, she had her quirks that drove me crazy and I'm sure I had mine that drove her crazy but we would vent to our BFFs (our hubbies), confront the issue if needed and then move on. I didn't realize at the time how good I had it! Now I do. Over the Summer I got put with a different job share person to teach Kinder. My principal does not hire people I would hire but I guess since I am not a principal it doesn't matter. However, usually with a job share, the teacher already in place has some say about it. But, like I said, my principal doesn't work that way. So I have a brand new teacher to work with and I've forgotten what it's like to need to hold someone's hand throughout the first year of teaching. It's also made me realize why I don't want to be an administrator any time soon (I don't have the patience required). I dread my phone ringing and seeing her name on Caller ID. Although after ignoring her calls for a week, she hasn't called as much. I dread opening my email account and seeing her name in the "Sender" box. I dread my alarm going off on Monday and Tuesday mornings, knowing I have to go to a job I am not fond of. The sad thing is is that the kids and parents are awesome! If they were all I dealt with I'd absolutely love my job but unfortunately that is not the case. So, as much as I hate Rob going back to his old job where he travels all the time, I am looking forward to having his old income back where I can stay at home. My teaching partner is a nice enough person and means well. She has bent over backwards in certain areas to pick up my slack. But it's just not a marriage made in heaven. Are there people out there that have it a lot worse? YES! Can a sleep deprived gal (due to a toddler and some annoying bluejays....but that's a blog for a different time) with raging pregnancy hormones vent on a Monday morning before heading off to a job she isn't fond of? Absolutely! Thanks for "listening". I feel better now. Happy Monday y'all!!

No comments: