Friday, August 31, 2012

Oye!!

Have you ever had one of those days that wasn't necessarily bad but didn't go as planned? Well, that sums up my day. It started great and ended great but was chaotic in the middle. This morning I took P to school (even though I didn't work) because I had to go to DMV. I had never received my registration renewal in the mail and when I got online to check about it yesterday it flashed in big red letters that my license had been suspended. WHAT??? I'm the girl that schedules the appointments because I have better things to do with my time than to wait at DMV all day. But I didn't do that today....and I paid the price. After getting my Yukon smogged I headed over to DMV only to find out that there were 113 people in front of me. The numbers were moving fast so I figured 1 1/2 hours would be plenty of time to be seen, get everything taken care of and still make it to my dr's appt. WRONG! I left the DMV, raced over to my dr.'s appt (which went well by the way) and then raced back to DMV. I walked in the door only to find that my number had been called only a few minutes beforehand. I begged, borrowed and pleaded to sneak up to an open counter but the lady was a typical non-sympathetic DMV employee. She handed me a new number and told me to expect a 1 1/2-2 hour wait. That wasn't happening so I left, grabbed lunch and headed down to the DMV in Carson. I thought because it was smaller that it would be faster but smaller also means there aren't as many employees. I probably would've waited 2 hours there but some nice gentleman gave me his number, which was 39 before mine. I finally got up to the counter and found out I had to take a new license picture. So, on top of everything else, I had to lose my "cute" DMV license picture and instead have a typical DMV picture that I'll be embarrassed to show people. Thinking I was done with chaos, I got on the freeway to come home since P was already napping at school. The new freeway wouldn't allow me access off so I had to drive it all the way back to Reno just to hop onto another highway to get home. Once I picked P up from school all was good again. We ended the day doing our annual ribfest with our friends....always a great time! Now I'm relaxing, getting ready to call it a day, and being thankful that I don't have to deal with the DMV again any time soon!

No comments: