Saturday, September 15, 2012

I Think I Can.....

For every one night of good sleep that I get each week, there are 3-4 sleepless nights to follow. Last night was the worst. I FINALLY fell asleep at 4:15AM and slept til P woke me up at 7:45. I couldn't get comfortable, couldn't get my mind to shut off, couldn't cool off enough to relax. This morning I was a zombie and I knew if we stayed around the house all we would do was sit in front of the TV, something I'm not ok with, especially given the beautiful weather. Since Rob is working 4:30AM-7:30PM right now I knew it was up to me to provide the entertainment. So P and I decided to go to our old stomping grounds and ride the train. I don't miss where we used to live at all but I do miss being so close to VC. It's such a fun, quaint, historical town that's always full of fun things to do and explore. After a rather warm, but nice, train ride we grabbed an ice cream cone at our favorite ice cream parlor. Then we walked around, taking in the sights.
Now P is resting and I'm exhausted. I created a long list of things that need to be done so I can keep busy while he's in his room, playing quietly. I'm hoping that by walking on the treadmill and cleaning, I'll be worn out enough tonight to shut off my brain, get comfortable and get my one decent night sleep for the week!

No comments: