Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Taking Backseat

Yesterday Rob surprised me by calling late afternoon to tell me he was on his way home. He had shot an elk but hadn't recovered it despite 8 hours of searching (I'll let him blog the details on his hunt.) so he felt like he shouldn't hunt anymore. I told P before bedtime that Daddy would be home when he woke up this morning but P didn't wait until daylight to see Daddy. He crawled into bed with us at 4am and cuddled close to Rob. Ever since then he's been Rob's shadow. Anywhere that Rob goes, P has to be. While Rob was cleaning out his hunting stuff from his truck, P was playing right beside him. I'm not used to taking a backseat to anyone when it comes to P but I'm very happy to oblige today as I know how much P missed his Daddy.
It was nice spending time as a family. P had his first soccer lesson and I thought he'd enjoy it more than he did. Maybe it was because he couldn't be next to Rob every minute but he flopped down on the grass a few times, saying he didn't want to do soccer lessons anymore. But, I got some cute pics of him and that's really all that matters!



No comments: