Sunday, September 9, 2012

It's Official!

We REALLY miss Rob!! For some reason I had it in my head that he'd get an elk within 5-6 days and be home before a week was up. But we're going on 10 days and it's getting harder by the day. In the past I've dreaded Rob being gone because, like any toddler or person for that matter, P can be difficult at times. This time it's been hard because P and I are having a hard time with him being gone in general. I haven't slept well since he's left and it's been really bad the past few nights even though my parents were here. It's also been rather lonely around the house, my only constant conversation being with a 3 year old. But the person having the hardest time is P. The first few nights he only wanted to sleep with his elk because that's what Daddy is hunting. Now he only wants to sleep in his tent because that's what Daddy is sleeping in. The worst part, by far, is the meltdowns. He was having them every other day then it turned to every day. So far he's had 2 today, crying hysterically because he misses Daddy. I'm trying to be strong when I talk to Rob because I don't want him kicking himself 5 years from now because he quit a hunt early due to all of us missing each other. But between you and me I am anxiously awaiting his call saying that he got an elk. Not because of the elk but because it means he'll finally be coming home. At least I know we're on the home stretch because, with or without an elk, he'll be home soon. We can't wait!!

No comments: