Sunday, September 23, 2012

Spoiled with Time

I'm one of those that enjoys being with the girls and being social but I feel guilty at the same time. I felt that way Wednesday, after I had been at school all day and then I left P with a new babysitter to go have sushi with some girlfriends. However, I've gotten over that feeling this weekend because me being gone has given Rob and P some much needed Father/Son time. Friday night I had Book Club so they BBQ'd antelope steaks and enjoyed a fresh peach cobbler I had baked for them. Then last night Rob took P on his first tent camping experience. He wanted to actually go camping somewhere but, after hearing that P was a little nervous about it, he decided to stick close to home....literally. They pitched a tent by the dog kennel and I gave P 5 minutes before he thought the "monsters" were going to get him and beg to come back in. But, much to my surprise, he stayed in the tent all night and didn't ask his daddy once to come in. That gave me a chance to read my People mag, eat some pumpkin cheesecake (YUM!), do some photography stuff and take a hot bath. This morning P and I both woke up congested so I decided we'd play hookie from church. We went for a walk with the dogs and then I ran some errands before meeting up with some girlfriends for lunch. Now I'm home, Rob's left to help a friend move and P is napping which means I get more quiet time to just read and walk on the treadmill. I'm trying to not get too used to this because a) Rob will be working out of town a lot sometime in the near future and b) We will be a family of 4 soon and these moments/hours of resting will be no more. So I'm soaking it up, letting the boys enjoy their time together while I enjoy time with friends and time to myself before life as we know it changes.

No comments: