Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Back home!




We got home last night and enjoyed sleeping in our own bed. We also enjoyed laughing about the memories we created and reminiscing. Rob said the honeymoon would've been boring had everything gone perfect. He was so patient while I read the map to get us places. One time I read the map wrong and we ended up in downtown Phillie at 10pm, in the ghetto. Rob refused to let me sit in the car while he ran into the store because it was that bad. I guess getting lost a few times after driving 1000 miles is to be expected though.
I love people watching so I was entertained by everything I saw. Rob got irritated with the protestors in New York, but refrained from giving them a piece of his mind. One guy was holding a sign in NYC that said, "Free driving lessons". I wanted to get a pictures but didn't. I have never heard so many horns honk as we did in New York. Rob drove through honking just because he could. It was fun to visit NYC and take in all the sights, but if I never make it back there again I will be okay with that. It was a constant rat race with way too much going on.
Pennsylvania was our favorite state (Sorry Dad Herrington, but we weren't in Maryland long enough to decide if it was better!). It reminded me of Crescent City (Cali), Vicksburg (Miss) and Buffalo (Minn) all rolled into one. The humidity was a little overbearing at times but the scenery made up for it. It was so green and lush! Everywhere we drove there was something pretty to look at.
I can tell you one thing I really appreciate on the West Coast and that is that we don't have toll plazas. Between those, taxi fares and parking we spent well over $150in 2 days. I felt like every time we got on a different freeway we were paying tolls. I was told the toll fares were supposed to go to the roads but I didn't see that happening. I asked Rob if I could point out places that needed repairs and specifically request that our toll fares be put to that part of the road when we pay.
The last night of our honeymoon we stayed at a really nice Holiday Inn. We went for a late night swim then stayed up watching TV and talking. We slept in the last morning then had to make a mad dash to Philadelphia to catch our plane. Luckily we had just enough time to squeeze in one more trip to Chick-Fil-A, Rob's favorite place.
We thoroughly enjoyed our time together, creating memories and laughing to the point of tears. It was everything I imagined a honeymoon should be! Please enjoy more of the pictures from it on our wedding website: www.robnjen.weddingwindow.com

No comments: