Friday, August 8, 2008

Random

Rob's work schedule has changed a bit so he is now getting up at 3:30 AM to get to Truckee by 5!!!! He is so tired at the end of the day but fights sleep to spend time with me. Last night he took me to see "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants", which I thought was a cute movie. On the way home he asked if we could have a date night every Thursday, whether it be going to dinner or doing something. We were not big fans of our pre-marital counseling but that is one thing we took away from it- have a consistent date night each week. We decided that we would take turns picking things to do each week so I am already excited for next Thursday!!
I am back into the swing of things in VC Highlands, aka home. I went to Sacto yesterday to pick up Roxy. With all the construction going on between here and there, it seems like a much longer drive these days. I was glad I went, though, because I got to hang out with my mom and good friend, Aimee. I am not sure Roxy was glad I came to get her, though. "Grandma" and "Grandpa" spoil her and the wind doesn't cause a wind tunnel through their backyard like it does here in our house. She did have fun exploring this morning though while I put the finishing touches on her kennel. She actually seems to like it so that makes me happy. I won't worry so much about her when I go back to work next week. Speaking of which, I am fast and furiously trying to get the last of my summer projects done before going back to school on Wednesday. You know the kind that keep getting pushed to the bottom of the list? Well that's where I am right now. I guess I better get to them or they won't get done on their own.

No comments: