Sunday, August 24, 2008

Busy bees

We have been so busy this week that we haven't been able to spend much time together. I have been putting in long hours, getting my classroom ready, and Rob has been getting up at 3:30am for his job in Truckee. This weekend has been a lot of fun though. Friday my parents came to my classroom to help me get ready for Monday. For the first time, I realized how much I rely on my mom to help set up my room each year. After we worked in my room for a couple hours, my parents came to the house where we BBQd and watched part of "North and South". On Saturday I took my parents into Virginia City to look around. My mom's energy level is still low but she was a trooper and they both enjoyed their time. After they went back to Sac. Rob and I went to a fundraiser for our home owner's association. The food wasn't that great but it was fun talking to our neighbors, getting to know them better. It's such a close knit community up here, one we are grateful for. Today, after church, I have to get the rest of my stuff prepped for this week. I am now getting excited about the new school year! I am also going to enjoy my time with my husband...finally!

1 comment:

Rebecca Jetton said...

Great picture! I'm glad you had fun with your family! Your parents are such special people!