Sunday, August 3, 2008

East Coast Livin'...

We are on our last day of our honeymoon and we wish we could extend it. Rob was teasing me earlier about blogging pages about everything but I will give you the Readers Digest Version because we crammed a lot into a few days. The flight here was LONG, much longer than necessary. Then, our final destination was at Shawnee Village in eastern Pennsylvania at a time share our friends, Bonnie and Jason, had let us use. It was absolutely beautiful and peaceful so we hated to leave yesterday. We hated it even more because I found us a dive hotel to go to after the time share! In fact, this morning I told Rob I would not stay there again tonight. I won't go into detail but trust me when I say it was gross!
Other than the time share, it hasn't been that much of a relaxing trip. We have been to 6 states in 2 days!! We went to the Nation's Capitol one day and New York the next. It was fun to say we'd been there and seen historical landmarks but it REALLY made us appreciate home even more. Everyone is honking at others, we kept getting lost, we spent an outrageous amount of cab fares, it was raining then incredibly humid, etc. I told Rob today that I can't wait to be home so I don't have to live by a map. Every time I think I have found us a shortcut it takes double the time to get to our destination.
Today we enjoyed one of Rob's favorite past time, going to a NASCAR race. Unfortunately (for Rob) Dale didn't win but it was still a lot of fun going to a new track and watch the NASCAR fans show their enthusiasm in many different ways. We decided that we really like our new hotel so we are going to sleep in, relax in the morning and drive as little as possible tomorrow before catching our flight home. Once I get home and get settled in, I will post some of the pictures. Until then...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun but we've missed you. The East coast seems much further away than Reno!!! Love, Mom P.S. Roxy's being good.