Monday, August 25, 2008

I survived!

The first day of school has now come and gone and I made it! The first day is always so wearing because I have to be "on" the entire day. But, for the first time ever, I got a good night's sleep last night which helped. My class is chatty, but good. Hopefully the "honeymoon phase" will last all year. One girl told me I was the strictest teacher she'd ever had and I thanked her for the compliment. I have a boy that has already won my heart. His special needs make me stop with him and appreciate the little things in life. He is going to teach me to hug unabashedly this year! My only embarrassing moments occurred with my back-to-school dress. I forgot that it gets really windy at the school so I had a few embarrassing Marilyn Monroe moments. I think students and staff saw more of me than anyone intended...ugh!!! Rob is so good to me. He sent me a beautiful bouquet of variegated roses for the first day. Then I came home exhausted so he helped clean up after dinner and did his own thing while I took a hot bath. Now I'm going to bed......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was there in spirit on your first day of school...always a fun time. Hope you have a GREAT class and a fun school year. Way to go Rob!!! Mom