Thursday, August 28, 2008

Into the Swing of Things!

It has almost been a full work week and I have survived. I was telling my friend earlier today that it's harder to juggle work and a domestic life than I thought. Now I see why my mom spends her whole day off cleaning and running errands. By the time I leave school, run errands and start dinner it's close to 7pm. Rob is helping out where he can, but with both of us working such long hours I have to be okay with the house not being completely picture perfect.
I enjoy my class this year....at least 99% of them. One should not be at our school and once again I get the benefit of having a student that keeps me on my toes. Someday it would be nice to be able to just teach without having to be a parent, babysitter, counselor, etc. on top of teaching. But, if it was easy I guess everyone would teach. So, I thank the Lord for each day at 3:15 and look forward to coming home to Rob. I am excited about the 3 day weekend, fun plans, house projects and time together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah but the rewards of teaching...impacting a child's life forever. You were born to teach and you do it well! Mom