Friday, October 30, 2009

Cheyenne the Miracle Worker

It's amazing that a horse can be such a miracle worker. Today Preston and I went to see Cheyenne before we headed out for our afternoon walk. She whinnied and that got Preston to laugh his first real laugh. It was such a wonderful sound! Then I gave her a couple treats and when she grabbed them out of my hand he laughed again. I was surprised that it was a deeper kind of laugh because he squeals such a high pitched, girlish squeal. I was able to hear one more laugh on the start of our walk but I don't know if it was Holly, the leaves blowing or the fact that he liked to hear himself laugh that made him laugh that last glorious time.
This evening Rob got home from a ride and asked if I wanted to cool Cheyenne down. After riding her around the corral I asked Rob if I could take her down the driveway to the main road. Rob and Preston watched me as I made the longest solo trip I've ever made on a horse. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't more than a half mile roundtrip, and that's stretching it, but I enjoyed it. I'm slowing building up my confidence with horses and Preston laughed for the first time all because of Cheyenne the Miracle Worker!

No comments: