Monday, October 19, 2009

Running with Duke

I think I found a new home for Duke as of Wednesday. So, since he only has a couple days left with us, I thought I'd give him some much needed attention. He's got a lot of energy so I thought I'd do us both some good by taking him for a run. It's been well over a year since the last time I ran but I decided to give it a try to get some fresh air. OOH....between the 6,200 ft elevation and the fact that I'm not in shape anymore really got to me! I'd like to say that I turned around after 1/2 mile because it was raining or because I needed to get dinner started. But, the truth is that I felt like my lungs were going to explode and my legs felt like Jell-O. As I was getting back my neighbor stopped me to ask if I'd be on a relay team she is putting together for a 24 hour run next Spring. I was honored to be asked so now I just have to get my butt in gear so I can run a decent distance.

No comments: