Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fun One......

This weekend has been a mixture of fun, productive and relaxing. Friday night both of the boys were asleep by 8pm so it gave me a chance to soak in a hot bath and read a book. I love our family time but I also enjoy my alone time once in awhile as well. Yesterday morning Rob hung out with Preston so I could run some errands before my parents came to town. We're having a little Halloween get together at our house next weekend so I had fun picking out decorations and treats for the party. Shortly after I got home my parents showed up. We all went for a walk while Rob rode Cheyenne. It was such a beautiful Fall day and Preston loves being outdoors so I really enjoyed getting exercise in the great outdoors of our neighborhood. Once we got back home I hung out with my parents for awhile before Rob and I got ready to head out for the night. We went to a comedy show downtown and then out to dinner. It was the first time that I didn't CONSTANTLY think/worry about being away from Preston. We throroughly enjoyed our time together and laughed a lot. This morning I made a big breakfast for everyone then we headed off to church. After church we enjoyed a nice big lunch at Texas Roadhouse, our favorite place to eat in town. I was ready for a nap when we got home, but that doesn't usually happen much these days. So I rode Cheyenne around the corral for awhile instead. I had a minor mishap when I didn't steer her away from the roundpin and will have a good sized bruise on my knee from bumping into it pretty good. Now we're back in the house and I'm doing laundry and dishes in between reading my book and relaxing with the boys. What a perfect weekend....I love weekends like this!!

No comments: