Tuesday, October 13, 2009

FINALLY!!!

I was ecstatic to see the computer sitting in front of the garage when I got home today. When you go without a computer for any length of time it makes life a little more difficult. So, I am glad to be back in the land of technology! Now to fill you in on the last three weeks or so of our lives.
Shortly after my last blog Preston transitioned into his "big boy crib". I had a harder time with it than he did. He's actually doing pretty well in his room. Most nights he wakes up once to eat and then goes right back to sleep. When he wakes up at 5:30 (usually when the garage door opens for Rob to leave) I bring him to bed with me for a couple hours. Our new schedule works out great for all of us.
When I took Preston for his 2 month vaccinations (he was late getting them because of his virus) I mentioned that he was doing a lot of lip smacking. Since that's a sign of seizures in babies our pediatrician wanted to be on the safe side and make sure Preston wasn't having any. So, last week we woke up early and went in for an EEG. The tech said Preston was a picture perfect kid for behaving during an EEG. After it was over we sat on pins and needles, waiting to hear back with results. Finally, the doctor called to say that everything came back normal...Praise the Lord!!
Now that Preston is 3 months old we are really enjoying his personality and milestones. He now talks up a storm, smiles, plays hide-n-seek and loves his toys. He doesn't usually cry unless he needs something, which is a very welcome relief. He smiles in response to us and it melts our hearts. Parenting is now a whole lot more fun!
We are in the process of finding a new home for Duke. He is quite the "Wild child" puppy and we don't trust him with Preston on the floor. He is so hyper and I don't spend the time I need to with him. So, we'd like to find a new home where he can get the attention he needs and deserves.
Last month Rob actually got off early on a Saturday so we had a family "date night". We went to a new place called Tahoe Burger for dinner. There was a mechanical bull there, which I decided to try. It was my first time and a lot of fun! We didn't get any pictures but it's a mental picture that I'm sure some won't forget....ha! Then I played this golf game and won Rob and me Tahoe Burger t-shirts. From there we met up with friends at the Grand Sierra and watched a guy make a new world record for a dirtbike jump. He jumped twice because his first jump wasn't good enough, in the rider's opinion. He came back and jumped over 300 feet!
Last week something exciting happened. I got a letter, accepting me into the Children's Writing Institute. I had to submit a story and apptitude test so I was thrilled to be accepted. It'd be a dream come true to stay at home with our kid(s)- no,I'm not pregnant!-and become an author. This program guarantees that I'll have a manuscript to a publisher by the time I'm done so it's an exciting opportunity.
This past weekend Rob and I went to Southern California to celebrate my birthday while Preston stayed at home with my parents. We left Saturday morning and came back late Sunday night. We cut our trip short because we were having "Preston withdrawals". Rob handled it better than I did. I kept crying so we ended up leaving the NASCAR race before it was over. My favorite part of my birthday was coming home to Preston, asleep in his crib! For my birthday Rob got me a beautiful ruby ring (Preston's birthstone) and Preston gave me a birthday card with a special birthday wish.
So, there you have it: Our lives in Readers' Digest version. I had written more but lost it when our internet went out (We're having a big storm right now). But, rest assured, I will be blogging a lot more now that we have our computer back.

No comments: