Friday, October 23, 2009

One of Those Days

When I put Preston down last night I had a feeling it wasn't going to be a very good night. I'm used to waking up with him only once these days. But, last night he decided to wake up a few times which wore me out. Then, today, he wouldn't take his usual naps. In fact, he refused to take a morning nap at all. He was cranky, fussing at the drop of a hat. So, I put him in the Baby Bjorn to water the trees and say hi to Cheyenne. He liked being outdoors so much that I decided to take a walk around the block. About the only time he got excited with me all day was when we were on our walk. He squealed when he discovered our shadows and when Holly would run up ahead of us. The only problem was that I had not intended to go for a walk. So, walking up our road in flip flops, carrying a 13ish lb baby and being so out of shape really made the end of the walk interesting. But, he liked it so it was worth it. Once we got home he went back to being fussy (Me being tired probably didn't help). I was finally able to get him to take a 1 1/2 hour nap in the late afternoon by laying down with him. His startle reflex is still in full gear so I held his hands and that helped him go to sleep. When he woke up he was in a little better mood and once daddy got home he was in a bigger better mood. But, it was the first time in a long time that I was very happy when bedtime rolled around. Hopefully tonight and tomorrow will be better.

No comments: