Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Oh Wow!

This day has been "off" from the get-go. Preston slept through the night then took a 4 hour nap after only being awake for an hour (He usually take 45 MINUTE naps). Naive me thought he'd be happy the rest of the day, not wanting to nap anymore. Well, he was happy until he woke up from his second nap, realizing we weren't at home anymore. I found a new home for Duke so I met up with the couple before taking Preston to get his pictures taken. He was fine for that errand but as soon as we got to the portrait studio he was not happy. He tolerated a couple minutes of his photo shoot then decided he wanted to take a nap. He took a short catnap while my friend's son got his pictures taken. Then Preston woke up, took a few more pictures then started screaming uncontrollably. He has not done this in awhile and was getting the other kids crying so I was doing everything I could to get him to stop. I changed him out of his lion costume. Then I changed his diaper. I knew he wasn't tired because he had just woken up. So, although I knew he probably wasn't hungry, I tried to nurse him. Without going into detail, let me tell you that it was a mess (literally and figuratively). Finally, I walked out into the mall with him and he settled down. I went in to look at the pictures and he let out a little scream and pooped all over. Turns out he had a tummy ache. He kept passing gas, much to the delight of a little girl standing close by that thought it was hilarious, while I chose pictures. I thought things were good and life was calm. Boy, was I wrong! My friend had gotten to the studio late, which caused us to leave the studio late. That caused Preston's feeding schedule to be off and that caused a whole new round of screaming....all the way up Geiger. Fun times!!! But, all is good now....he is fed and sound asleep. Sweet peace at last!

No comments: