Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pumpkin Carving




It was supposed to storm today so I ran all my errands yesterday with the intent of staying indoors today. When we woke up this morning, however, there was a minimal dusting of snow on the ground. But, since it was in the 20's, I decided to keep Preston in anyways. Today is a long day for Rob so I created a long to-do list to make the day go by faster. One of the things was to carve Preston's big pumpkin. My suspicions were right: a 3 1/2 month old does not really participate in carving a pumpkin. I even tried to get him to play with the pumpkin guts (for lack of a better word) but he didn't want anything to do with it. He just wanted to sit there, grabbing at his feet, watching me and Holly. The progression of pictures is how it went (And yes, I put the camera on the auto timer to get pics. so Rob can make fun of me for it....ha!)By the end I was flying completely solo, as you can see. But, the finished product represents Preston as we call him "Boo" or "Boo Man". Maybe next year he'll be a little more into the whole pumpkin carving festivities!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GREAT looking pumpkin and pictures too. Wish I could have been there to share in the festivities! Mom