Monday, October 19, 2009

Maiden Voyage

Preston is busy doing "Tummy Time" while watching "Dora the Explorer" (I NEVER thought I'd let my kids watch that show but nothing else is on that will grab his attention and he's not a fan of "Tummy Time"). So, while he's busy I thought I'd blog quick about my maiden voyage on Cheyenne yesterday. Rob took her out for a ride while Preston and I napped. When he got back I saddled up to take her for a ride out of the corral. I don't know who was more nervous....me, her or Rob. All I could think about when I was walking to the corral was when I got bucked off the horse in Egypt. I decided to be a "big girl" though and overcome my fear. I took her down past the neighbor's house with the intent of riding her to the main road. But, I started worrying about Preston being left unattended on our bed (He had pillows propped around him but he's started becoming quite the wiggle worm). So, about a half a block from our house I turned her around and headed back. I'm pretty cautious about things, especially when there's a potential injury factor, so I take things S-L-O-W! But, I was proud that I left the corral and even more proud that Cheyenne did as I instructed. Maybe next time I'll make it out to the main road, which would then mean that I rode her an entire city block. Baby steps......

No comments: