Sunday, August 22, 2010

One of Those Days

I was excited about today, a relaxing day with the boys. But, by 2pm this afternoon my excitement had completely diminished. We went to church as a family and tried a new hamburger place for lunch, which was nice quality family time. But Preston is slowly transitioning to one nap a day. Today he tried to go without a nap all together. I had lost my patience with all his crying and fussing, especially since I haven't slept much in the past 5 days. When Rob went down the hill to get parts to fix a drawer I turned off the TV then put Preston down for a nap. He finally napped for an hour but I didn't. So, between him being fussy and me being grumpy, I was glad Rob was around to help tag team with Preston. He was much more patient in dealing with P than I was. I was quick to yell and say no but Rob was quick to redirect his attention. This is one of those days that I'm counting the minutes till bedtime. Then hopefully I'll be able to get some much needed sleep as well.

No comments: