Saturday, August 21, 2010

VCH Sketti Feed

One of the many things I love about our little community is the annual fire dept Spaghetti Feed. Despite rain this afternoon, it still took place this evening...and it didn't disappoint. I entered a few raffle drawings and won a gift certificate for pizza at one of the local Virginia City places. There was another drawing that took place after we left so I won't know if I won unless they call me. The highlight of the evening....surprise, surprise...was Preston. He wowed everyone! After dinner he got out of his stroller and walked around, saying hi to everyone. Then the band started playing and he really had everyone's attention at that point. He would walk around, then dance a little, then try to crash the stage. He had the drummer of the band laughing pretty hard with his antics. Firemen came up and commented on his smooth dance moves and an older couple asked if he could come stand by them because they enjoyed watching him. One couple commented that he walked like a cowboy, just like his daddy. I informed them that I thought he had a poopy diaper instead. Regardless, he won the hearts of everyone he ran into (literally and figuratively) tonight. It didn't make for much of a social event as Rob and I tag teamed chasing after him. But, it was fun and I'm already looking forward to next year!

No comments: